In this article, we will detail the importance of CNESST training to become a security guard in Quebec.
As we all know, the job of a security guard is a job that involves many responsibilities and that requires rigor and discipline from all its workers.
To be able to access this profession in Quebec, it is almost mandatory to have received the CNESST first aid training.
1) A Bit of History: The Creation and Evolution of First Aid Training in the Workplace
Workplace first aid training has a long history dating back to the early 20th century. To better understand its usefulness, let’s review some key dates together:
- 1908: The first aid courses were provided by the American Red Cross and were quickly adopted by other organizations around the world.
- 1979: In Canada, workplace first aid training became mandatory with the passage of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- 1985: The Commission de la santé et de la sécurité du travail du Québec (CSST), now the Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (CNESST), launched the Workplace First Aid Program. The objective of this program was to provide first aid training to workers and employers in order to reduce the risk of accidents in the workplace.
- Since its inception: The program has been continually updated to reflect first aid standards and best practices. Training is provided by CNESST-recognized training organizations and certificates are valid for a period of three years.
- 2020: The CNESST has published a new version of the Workplace First Aid Program, which focuses on advanced emergency first aid training. This training is intended for health and safety workers who are called upon to respond to complex and dangerous emergency situations.
In summary, workplace first aid training was created in 1985 by the CSST to reduce the risk of accidents in the workplace. Since its inception, the program has been updated to reflect first aid standards and best practices. In 2020, the CSST released a new version of the program that focuses on advanced first aid training.
2) What is the purpose of CNESST training?
So what is the purpose of CNESST training? What is its primary mission?
As you might have guessed, workplace first aid training is especially important for security occupations, where the risk of accidents is often higher.
Security workers, such as firefighters, police officers, security guards and security guards, are often on the front lines when it comes to responding to emergency situations. In addition to their training in fire prevention, risk management and workplace safety, CNESST first aid training allows them to reduce the risk of accidents by being better prepared to intervene quickly in case of emergency.
In this way, first aid training can help ensure the safety of workers and members of the public, as well as prevent accidents.
See the CNESST website.
3) How the CNESST first aid program works
To obtain your CNESST workplace first aid training, it is recommended that you follow the following steps:
- Find a CNESST-recognized training organization: The CNESST does not provide workplace first aid training itself, but it does recognize training organizations that meet the training standards and requirements. It is therefore important to find a CNESST-recognized training organization to take your training.
- Choose the type of training: The CNESST offers different types of workplace first aid training, adapted to the needs of different types of workers.
- Register for training: Information on costs and training dates is generally available on the training organization’s website.
- Attend the training and get certified: The certificate is valid for three years and can be renewed by taking a refresher course before it expires.
Finally, at XGuard, we offer you the CNESST first aid in the workplace training, following one of our training sessions to obtain the BSP permit.
We also offer dedicated coaching by our recruitment services and an employment opportunity with us!
The training is done in person, allowing you to go at your own pace and to put yourself in the best possible conditions to acquire all the necessary skills to become a certified safety officer with the first aid in the workplace training.
For more information about XGuard Training, visit our website by following this link!
See you soon at XGuard!